Sunday, May 8, 2011

refreshing weekend!

Friday night I went to the centre for YSA (young single adults) ..This night 16-17-year-olds were invited and together we played some games and had fun! My sister Lovisa came to the activiy so the Peterson Trio was there! :D It's crazy how fast time flies.. this year my sisters will be 18 and 20, they're not some young kids anymore! After the activity some of us (from the YSA) decided to go to the movies to whatch Thor.. I thought it was a very exaggerated movie, but in all fairness it was a bit entertaining..

Saturday morning I went to the temple to do baptisms with the YSA, a really great way to start the day! On the afternoon I met up with my friend F and her boyfriend F and went shopping and hanging out in their beautiful apartment! ..It was really good to see them! I went to school with them 6-9th grade and it was almost a year ago since I last saw them! When we were shopping I bought a new pair of running pants, which I took for a test run when I came home! ..They were working quite well I must say! ;)

Today I slept in and then I started reading some talks from the general conference in preparation for the FHE lesson I'm asked to teach at the YSA centre tomorrow.. we'll see how it goes, I'm not really a good teacher, so this is a challange for me! But I guess challenges are good, because without them we can't grow! :)

These are some of the qoutes from the GC that stuck with me!

"Desires dictates our priorities" - Dallin H Oaks

"Where charity exists there is no room for gossip and harsh words" - M Russell Ballard

"Often the answer doesn't come when on our knees, but when we're on our feet, in service of others!" - Dieter F Uchtdorf

"It is usually through another person that He meets our needs" - Silvia H Allred

To me these are all a good reminders of that which is important in life!
..Now I'm off to get dressed and ready for church and a fireside!

Have a great Sunday! :)

No comments: